Overwhelming Victory

Romans 8:19-39

During my quiet time in the Word this morning, I decided to look for verses that spoke of freedom. My biggest struggle on a day to day basis is remaining free, casting off the things in my life that would love to keep me bound up--clutter, unhealthy habits, too many commitments, codependent relationships. Everyone experiences these kind of things in their day to day journey.

But I know that God has promised me freedom and liberty. I needed...no, I CRAVED...a reminder of the freedom Jesus purchased for me. And yet, I struggled with that freedom, feeling like sometimes I'm unable to bask in my freedom.

Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? (v.35)

(As the Scriptures say, “For your sake we are killed every day; we are being slaughtered like sheep.”) (v.36)

No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.(v.37)


I'm all for overwhelming victory! I need it each day. When my past sneaks up behind me and tries to convince me that I'm no good, that I don't matter, that I will never amount to much, I have this promise: Overwhelming victory is mine through Christ who loves me!

And that is all I need some days to press on and fight with the demons of the past. I just need the knowledge that the battle isn't over...and I'm going to win in the end. Nothing about my childhood, my teen years or even my days as an adult are going to defeat me. My mother's hoarding and unhealthy childhood are nothing compared to what is promised to me. Today, I'm clinging to the promise!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My birthday...but a wish for you

Hoarding--it's not about the STUFF

Admitting the Truth, Uncovering the Lie