Out of my Control

This week, I've found myself struggling with "the things I cannot change". Life is filled with these, but because of my experiences growing up, I really struggle with the "unknowns", with things I can't actually control. Sometimes it's more than just struggling with them, it's struggling to know that I CAN'T control them that tears apart my soul.

This week, it's just been tough to be aware that there are certain things that I can't control, and then just sit back and wait to see what will happen. Patience is NOT one of my strong suits.

This morning, however, I realized that there is one in the middle of this struggle that I CAN control, I CAN change:

My attitude

I've spent this week bemoaning within my soul the things I can't control, challenging the fairness of decisions that have been made, and wishing for other decisions to "hurry up and be made". I have voiced my frustrations to my husband, but I know my spirit is voicing my attitude to the world. Instead of knowing who I am and acknowledging all the good that has already happened, I've been more than willing to set aside my blessings and the miracles I've seen for one possibility I believe I should have.

I'm embarrassed by my own inability to focus on what really matters and appreciate all the good in my life right now. So today, I'm going to focus on what I have, all the things I don't deserve but have been given. I'm CHOOSING to have a better attitude.

What about you? What attitude are you holding onto that keeps you locked into the broken system of dysfunction? How can you change it? Are you willing to do it?

I dare you to!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My birthday...but a wish for you

Hoarding--it's not about the STUFF

You Failed Me