Less than perfect, but not so bad

I have struggled my entire adult life to find a place of moderation in my home. I have had short-lived periods of extreme clean, and a few moments of embarassment, but for the most part, I think I fall within the category of normal.

I took these photos today to do TWO things:
1. Face a fear of taking photos without cleaning everything FIRST
2. Show you what my house looks like (since we here that hoarding is often genetic)



This is my new bedroom this morning. I had to stop myself from making the bed. If you walked in right now, this is what you'd see. If you stopped by in 20 minutes, the bed would be made EVERYDAY.



Ack! Dishes in the sink! But this is the way it is just after the kids head off to school. This is real, but they won't stay there long!



This is the fridge and cupboard. Always more cluttered than I like, but clean :)



This is the family desk. Again, more cluttered than I would like in a perfect world, but not scary. Someday, we're going to have an office downstairs and this will be the front entry...someday!



This is the living room. There are toys on the floor ALWAYS. Okay, not always...but a lot of the time. Clean otherwise, save for some clutter on the end table which I have a goal to eliminate this weekend!

That's it! My mess!

And I'm going to hit "Publish" now and let it go. I can do it!

Thanks for sharing this experiment with me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My birthday...but a wish for you

Hoarding--it's not about the STUFF

Admitting the Truth, Uncovering the Lie