A New Start


I hope that this finds everyone recuperating from the Holidays and beginning a fresh, new year. As I shared before taking a break from blogging, we welcomed a new baby girl into our large family just before Thanksgiving. We have decided that our family is complete.

("3 Children are a blessing and a gift from the Lord . 4 Having a lot of children to take care of you in your old age is like a warrior with a lot of arrows."--Ps. 127:3-4)

As I begin a new year, I am always reminded of our ability to make a fresh start. No matter how bad we have messed up so far, we can draw a line, call an end to the old ways and start anew. Recovery from addiction, or overcoming the past is much the same. It involves drawing a line, calling the old for what it was, and learning a new way.

I have been blessed to reach out to and be contacted by other adult who grew up with parents who hoarded and/or were mentally ill. All of them seem to be searching for something, just as I have been. All are looking for something new, something better. Obviously, we are all survivors already! I think I have stumbled upon what it is we are seeking: grace, love and forgiveness.

In the coming year, I hope to share thoughts, encouragement, hope and prayers centered around my own journey through grace, love, and forgiveness of myself and especially of others.

Father, let me be an instrument of your incomprehensible grace, your unfailing love and your unreasonable forgiveness! In Jesus' name, AMEN.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My birthday...but a wish for you

Hoarding--it's not about the STUFF

Admitting the Truth, Uncovering the Lie