It's going to be a good week!

After posting on my feelings of being ill-prepared last week, and after reading a blog article by Michael Hyatt (no, not my son! LOL)[http://michaelhyatt.com/how-to-go-further-faster.html], I believed that although I felt ill-prepared for many of the day-to-day tasks of life, I could learn from someone who KNOWS.

So I decided that this would be the week that I would begin to emulate the people who seem to have what I want...peace and energy. And no, they really aren't exclusive...you can have both, or you can LACK both. I suggest going with the former and not the latter, however...personal experience.

Last night, I began a bedtime routine. In fairness, half the kids were away from home which meant less work to get the kids ready, but still...I haven't ever really had a bedtime routine. This was a first. I began following the FlyLady, and using her bedtime routine as a guide. I had completed all the bedtime tasks and was in bed by 10pm! Silly, I know, but that is about three hours earlier than I've been going to bed.

This morning, when Busier woke at 5:30am for her morning feeding, I grabbed my glasses and the baby and headed upstairs. I fed Busier, tucked her back into the crib, and began my day. It is now 7:15am and I have showered and dressed, wiped down the bathroom, emptied the dishwasher, made and eaten breakfast, cleaned up after myself, and am now sitting here before the computer talking to you!

This is quite miraculous! I slept for seven and a half hours last night! I almost feel like a normal person!

(This next part is kind of weird...I only drank 1/2 mug of coffee, then poured it out. I am currently sipping on ice water!)


I am fully aware that my body may reject my current plan of action later in the day...but I am already victorious! And even better, I am sitting in a perfectly quiet house, listening to the sounds of my fingers on the keyboard, the ticking of the clock, and the sound of cars whooshing by. I almost can't remember the house being so still, quiet and peaceful. And I don't feel the urge to take a nap!

It's a new week today...and I am claiming it right now, in Jesus' name, It's going to be a good week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My birthday...but a wish for you

Hoarding--it's not about the STUFF

Admitting the Truth, Uncovering the Lie