Blessed to be me

I had a recent phone conversation with another COH, and it led me to ponder the exhilarating and terrifying ride my life has been over the last two years, since I CHOSE to help my mother and be in her life in a major way. And I had only one thought, over and over:

I have been so blessed!

I love and serve God, but sometimes I don't understand why He chooses to work things out the way He does. I know people who lived long lives in pain, while I've known youngster who died suddenly. I've seen families suffer for years, while others seem to be raking in the blessings. I don't understand it. But I trust in this:

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. (James 1:17)

And I realize that I've gotten more than my fair share. I'm humbled eternally by that knowledge. 

Thank you, Father.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My birthday...but a wish for you

Hoarding--it's not about the STUFF

Admitting the Truth, Uncovering the Lie