THURSDAY: AWARENESS DAY--Change A Mind

Because I am getting increasing traffic, I want to take a moment each week to share some awareness, not just about hoarding and cluttering, or growing up in the home of a hoarder, but also about mental illness in general.

I first saw this commercial with Glenn Close during the Super Bowl almost 18 months ago. I'm not sure my loved ones would appreciate me wearing a shirt that reads: Mother; Daughter. However, I know that my mother and children who are affected would love to be accepted unconditionally by society.


Awareness is important. We don't badger diabetics or those with cancer. Why do we taunt those with a mental illness???

Think about it. Talk about it.

1 in 6 people are affected by a mental illness.

It could be you. Now...how do you want to be viewed and treated?

Also, check out Bring Change 2 Mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My birthday...but a wish for you

Hoarding--it's not about the STUFF

Admitting the Truth, Uncovering the Lie