You've just gotta check this out!

So...today is the day!

My friend, Matt Paxton, the owner of Clutter Cleaner and of A&E's "Hoarders" fame has written a book! It is officially available to purchase today. As a friend of Matt's, I actually got a copy a couple of weeks ago with a personal inscription and all that jazz. The timing of the book arriving with such a sincere, touching inscription from the author will never be lost on me as it was the same day I learned of my cousin's passing.



Although the title of the book has a sensationalist ring to it, what you will find within its pages is sound advice with deep respect for those affected by hoarding, their family and loved ones, as well as the community at large. Matt defers on some topics to Dr. Suzanne Chabaud, Ph.D. from the OCDINGO in New Orleans and also a featured expert on "Hoarders".

The book is not written so as to treat the topic distastefully or to be overly scholastic in nature. With Phaedra Hise's assistance, Matt tackles the topic in a layperson-friendly manner.

And just in case you were wondering, my mom and I are NOT mentioned in the book! (I have to say that so that my critique and recommendation are less partial.)

Lots of good things have come from "Hoarders"--not the least of which is my friendship with many of the professionals and the chance my mother and I have been given to have a normal, healthy relationship that is not always in crisis. But that's a blog for another day.

Please, support Matt and his entry into the world of authorship and pick up a copy of "The Secret Lives of Hoarders"!

Also, check out Matt's new blog, 5 Decisions Away!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My birthday...but a wish for you

Hoarding--it's not about the STUFF

You Failed Me